Rachel's Blog: Updatey thing
Been a while since anything has been 'logged so here's a few notes on what's been going on:
Nearly finished knitting first scarf project. Unfortunately now out of Angel Season 4 episodes to watch while knitpurling so Buffy 7 will have to be aquired (damn.)
Have inherited small mountain of writing books which leads to storage problem and also guilt for not finishing any writing pieces recently. Why do I feel guilty? I'm still getting up at one in the morning to feed Abbey. I have not had a full night's sleep in over a year. WHY DO I FEEL GUILTY??
Re: storage problem, I have begun a database of all our books. 212 entries so far and not yet half way. Not even close if all the picture books are to be included. Could do some interesting things with it once it's complete. Put it online for starters so people don't have to fear giving repeats, analyse by genre, sort by read/unread/unfinished (unreadable!)...
Speaking of unfinished, here's a rundown of all the projects I have on the go at the moment (excluding aforementioned writing):
- Grey knit scarf for Richard
- Slipcover for Abbey's couch, currently covered in hideous Tweety bird fabric
- Blue cord overalls for Abbey
- Asian print jacket for Abbey
- Mystery project for soon-to-be-born Ethan (it's not a mystery to me, I just don't want his parents, who will probably read this at some point, to know)
- Abbey's first birthday present. This one's a secret from everyone. Let's just call it "Wilkins". Muahahaha!