Richard Jones' Log: Recent reading / listening
I don't usually post about what I've been reading, but there's been a mixed bag recently, and some of it was inspired by other weblogs' posts.
- Fables Vol. 1: Legends in Exile (Bill Willingham)
- Not as enamored of this as some other people. I found the dialogue to be quite unnatural and even jarring in places. Also, I felt the overall story wasted the opportunities at hand.
- Y: The Last Man Vol. 1: Unmanned (Brian K. Vaughan, Pia Guerra, Jr. Jose Marzan)
- Wow. I read this on the train coming in to work and then again on the way home. I'll be reading it again too. Excellent use of the medium. Great artwork, great dialogue. I can't wait to read more.
- Going Postal & The Gods Trilogy (Terry Pratchett)
- I hadn't read Pratchett for ages until this Christmas when my brother bought me Going Postal. I really liked it. In the post-Christmas sales Rachel picked up the Gods Trilogy. Perfect reading material for just picking up and reading a chapter before nodding off at night.
Finally, Rachel got me '64-'95 by Lemon Jelly yesterday, and I love it :)
Update: I'm such a geek, Rachel corrected my spelling of dialog dialogue.