Richard Jones' Log: New pyblagg generator running...
The new, improved pyblagg is up and running. If this post appears on it, in a bit over an hour, then it's working :)
The new parser:
- handles many more feeds,
- has better handling of broken feeds (data does leak, script doesn't die, feed is marked broken),
- uses the latest feedparser which supports many more feed formats, and automatically handles if-modified-since,
- has an automated scraper to handle new / modified / deleted feeds listed on the wiki (runs once a week and tells me what it's done so that people spamming the wiki page will be innefective)
- uses an sqlite database to store state, and
- is just generally much neater code that my old massively-hacked script :)
Feeds that don't support if-modified-since are listed under "no-update*" since they're fetched but we got no new entries.