Well, there goes another Ludum Dare 48-hour game programming comp. It went really well, and fortunately the Zope setup I wrote to handle the running of the comp held up pretty well too. Meant that I could focus on the actual comp itself. I've written a post-mortem of my competition experience.
PyGame did everything I asked of it, again. Well, except sound. The SDL resampling code is a bit dodgy, and I didn't have time to figure out what sampling rates I should be using to make it not crackle. Everything else went really well :)
I'll probably revise the Zope setup and produce a single stand-alone Product (rather than the hodge-podge of Products, Through The Web scripts and HTML pages that I did use ;) to make it even easier next time.
And yes, there'll be a next time. I reckon I'll probably run another in 3 months (which I won't enter) and then another in about 6 months. That second one will have slightly different rules (teams, maybe pre-recorded sound fx, maybe pre-recorded music).
Voting is still under way, so I can't say who won, but I'm pretty sure it'll be one of the three or four really outstanding entries. Jolle's entry in particular was my favourite. He seemed to get that real balance between fun and simplicity that I almost cracked this comp (I failed dismally last comp).