It's taken a while longer that I'd hoped, mostly because I've changed jobs recently. It's out now though, bringing a host of new features (and bugfixes of course):
- new instant-gratification Demo Mode ("python demo.py" :)
- added mysql backend (see doc/mysql.txt for details)
- web interface cleanups including nicer history display, nicer index navigation and nicer popup list windows
- searching of date ranges
- better international support, including utf-8 email handling and ability to display localized dates in web interface.
- more documentation including revamped design document, unix manual pages and some FAQ entries
- significantly more powerful form handling allowing editing of multiple items and creation of multiple items
- tracker templates can contain subdirectories and static files (e.g. images) and we may now distribute templates separately from Roundup. Template HTML files now have a .html extension too.
- user registration is now a two-step process, with confirmation from the email address supplied in the registration form, and we also have a password reset feature for forgotten password / login
- Windows Service mode for roundup-server when daemonification is attempted on Windows.
- fixed issues with dumb email or web clients
- lots more little tweaks and back-end work...
- email system handles more SMTP and POP features (TLS, APOP, ...)
Big thanks to everyone who's helped with this release!